Marketown Health now offers the services of Sister Deborah Sullivan, an accreditialled diabetes educator. Deborah can assist with both newly diagnosed diabetes and improving management of established diabetes.
Cost of consultations with Deborah are covered by Medicare Allied Health Services rebates and by Veterans Affairs with a valid referral from your GP. Private consultations are also available.
Diabetes is a lifelong condition that affects how you feel today as well as your health into the future.
Managing your diabetes isn’t just about what you eat and how much exercise you do. Your sleep, pain, medications, modern day stress and other health issues all affect your diabetes.
Sister Deborah Sullivan is a Registered Nurse and Credentialled Diabetes Educator. Deborah has been nursing for 15 years, with experience in both Australia and the United Kingdom. Deborah has joined us from Diabetes NSW, where she contributed to the National Fact Sheets, planned and co-ordinated education sessions, and attended many camps for children with T1 diabetes.
Deborah is passionate about helping every person with diabetes feel confident in looking after their diabetes by providing personalised and realistic diabetes education.
As an advanced clinical specialist in diabetes, Deborah is able to support you in all aspects of diabetes care.
Here are some of the great services that Deborah can offer in your appointments:
- Free meter check and blood glucose analysis
- Create an individual diabetes plan
- Discuss your medications and insulin.
- Insulin training and stabilisation
- Create a sick day management plan
- Complete your 6 monthly Glucose Strip Approval Form
- Complete a basic foot check and discuss how to reduce your risk of diabetes complications
- Keep you up to date with the latest research and changes in diabetes management
- Nutritional advice
So don’t get overwhelmed by how to manage your diabetes plan, speak to Deborah today to get your management plan underway.